Dec 7, 2008

Memory Sketch

This past week I decided to try something that artist that I admire do on there blogs. It's called a memory sketch, Stephen Silver has talked about this often. What you do is find a spot be it the mall, coffee shop, bookstore or whatever spot people are and watch people. Then when you have found someone that looks interesting, you try to focus on how they look. There walk, there cloths, are they happy, sad and then you draw them later. Stephen Silver likes to do this at lunch time and when he gets back draw that person. My memory sketch was from last Thursday when I was driving home from work. I had fun doing this and want to do more, so expect more memory sketches from me and who knows before long I could be working as a character designer on some new cartoon show. My memory sketch is of an old black man that was walking down the street wearing a bright purple trench coat and brown bowler hat.




Enjoy!

No comments: