Sep 30, 2009

Goals Part Two

I spent the evening watching and listening to Stephen Silver and Bobby Chiu's Art cast and it got me thinking how lately i have been completing my goals and not stressing out about my art. Stephan talked about how to improve ones artwork and how it isn't important to worry about how something might happen between people that may not like your work. Most people won't tell you they hate it to your face and the ones that do are easy because you can fire right back at them, okay what is it that you hate and what is it that you like about it. I found myself picking up a pencil and drawing in my sketchbook while talking and listening to him.

Over at Bobby Chiu's art cast he does a daily drawing challenge like he used to do with people that lived in his area by picking a topic and then coming up with a drawing in a half hour time. Tonight's was big-fat-drooling. at the end of it everyone uploads there drawing and then vote on the one they like best. Mine didn't get any votes but I had fun and it forced me to draw, without talking myself out of it. Hearing Bobby so excited and full of life. I couldn't help but get excited too.
This is the drawing I came up with.


Enjoy!

No comments: